Note: This post is part of a series (Part 1):
- Part 2: AWS managed AD - add user RDP permissions
- Part 3: Standard AD - auto-map a network drive
- Part 4: (AWS managed) AD - give local admin rights to domain users
Situation: You have created a managed AD. Now you want to manage it.
Problem: The servers probably don’t have the appropriate software installed.
- Install the AD administration tools on a Windows Server instance (AWS docs)
- Install group policy editor (in the very same step if you wish) (deprecated but still valid and best described MS docs)
Hint: It’s easiest if you perform thost actions as the
DOMAIN\Admin user, so you don’t have to enter that user’s password all the time.