Note: This post is part of a series (Part 3):
- Part 1: AWS managed AD - first steps after creation
- Part 2: AWS managed AD - add user RDP permissions
- Part 4: (AWS managed) AD - give local admin rights to domain users
Situation: You have this beautiful AD system, and you want to auto-map a network drive for your users using AD GPOs.
Problem: You don’t know how.
Solution: This post.
- open group policy editor
- create USER policy “AD GPO map network drive”
- edit it
- select “USER configuration / preferences / windows settings / drive maps”
- right-click “new”
- create share
- you should force-apply the new GPOs on the target host using
Hint: It’s easiest if you perform thost actions as the
DOMAIN\Admin user, so you don’t have to enter that user’s password all the time.