Just a collection of links, cause this is something which is not really documented in full. I am also too lazy, but next time I don’t want to search 🙂 .
- Basic installation instructions: 3rd party article (German), Arch Linux docs (without LUKS)
- Read the comments on the first article: gummiboot is now bootctl, you have to format the boot partition with FAT32, and you should use a better random generator on cryptsetup. It’s all in there.
- Note: The former /boot partition is identical to the UEFI boot partition. You don’t need both.
- Arch Linux original instructions: In German, in English
- Careful: The setting “FONT_MAP” in /etc/vconsole.conf in the German guide should not be applied! It’s obsolete.
- The English guide does only go into the crypt installation, but that really deep.
- If you actually added FONT_MAP to /etc/vconsole.conf, that happens
- The file /vmlinuz-linux comes in the “kernel” package. If it’s missing, just reinstall “pacman -S kernel”
- You can usually choose between NetworkManager and systemd-networkd as networking management solutions. I chose NetworkManager:
- systemctl enable NetworkManager
- systemctl start NetworkManager
- systemctl disable systemd-networkd
- systemctl disable systemd-resolved
- Installing GNOME (and the login manager gdm) is pretty simple:
- pacman -S gnome gnome-extras
- systemctl enable gdm
That should be it.